(a 2 part class)
Class Level: Beginner (a little experience)
Instructor: Kathy Bateman
Need a super adorable baby gift?
Want to learn short row shaping in a fast & easy project?
Come learn how to knit the Aviatrix Hat!
During class we’ll learn about the mysterious “w&t” (wrap and turn) along with how to pick up wraps to hide them. We’ll also cover picking up stitches for the earflaps in part two.
This unique hat is worked flat on straight needles but requires no seams.
It looks especially stunning in a stripy yarn and is an ideal project for that 1 ball of left over yarn in your stash.
Pattern includes sizes newborn through 4+ years old and 3 yarn weight options.
The Aviatrix Hat is a free pattern available at: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/aviatrix-baby-hat
Students should be comfortable knitting & purling.
* Important pre-class prep *
Determine the size you want to make and then…
For maximum short row practice during class please cast on and work the initial 1×1 rib for the size you are making.
- Please bring a printed copy of the Aviatrix Hat to class with you.
- 1 or 2 balls of Crystal Palace Mochi Plus (1 ball will make up to size 2 years) or other heavy worsted weight yarn
- Sizes 7 and 9 needles – either straights or circulars will work
- Stitch markers
- To finish the hat after class you will also need a tapestry needle and 1 or 2 buttons